International universities will accept scholarship applications for the next academic admission session in 2022. They are accepting applications from students for various degrees and subject options. It is not easy to find a scholarship online these days. It is probable that you have experienced this struggle.
Expected funding from scholarships at international universities
The majority of scholarships offered by universities or by governments at State-owned Universities are funded by the government. We can therefore expect to receive some or all of these funding benefits through University Scholarships.
- If required, you can receive partial or full accommodation in a dorm.
- Monthly disbursement of funds for personal student expenses, also known as a “stipend”.
- Students should have health/sickness insurance
- Part or full sponsorship of tuition, exam, VISA, application fees, and other expenses
- Coverage for books, experiment material, and lab access & library
- In a few cases, logistics sponsorship
There are many websites that offer scholarships, most of which do not relate to you. We have compiled a list with the top university scholarships so that you can easily find the scholarship that will finance your academic career.
List of Universities Scholarships Available for Applications in 2022
1. Stanford University Scholarships
Stanford is the second-ranked university in the world. Every year, Stanford University admits 1,700 students to its undergraduate program, and 100 to its master’s and doctorate programs.
The most popular scholarships at Stanford University:
- Influenster’s 2020 Women in STEM Scholarship (Worth $1000)
- Semiconductor Scholarship ($500)
- Stanford Engineers in the Arts Scholarship (500-$ 1000)
Stanford will accept minimum TOEFL Academic 7.0 scores, IELTS Academic 7.7 and PTE Academic 86.5 scores.
The acceptance rate for the Stanford University Scholarship is 58%. International students pay $200 to apply for University of Stanford scholarships. October 2022 is the deadline to apply for a University of Stanford scholarship.
2. Harvard University Scholarships
Harvard has excellent scholarships for foreign students. It can be difficult to get into Harvard. The universities administer most of the financial aid available for Harvard students.
- Harvard University Undergraduate Scholarship (12,000)
- Harvard postgrad scholarships
- Michel David-Weill Scholarship ($80,000).
- Harvard University Life Science Scholarship (95,000)
The minimum IELTS score for Harvard University Scholarship should be 7.5. If you have a PTEA score of 70, TOEFL iBT score or DET score of 125, IELTS is not required to be admitted to Harvard University.
The Harvard University Scholarship accepts 55% of applicants. International students pay $75 to apply for Harvard University Scholarships. January 2023 is the deadline to apply for University of Harvard scholarships.
3. Massachusetts Institute of Technology Scholarships
Massachusetts Scholarships are often awarded based on academic achievements. There are 35 total scholarships offered by Massachusetts universities.
These are the three top Scholarships offered by Massachusetts University
- MIT Scholarships available to undergrads as well as postgrads
- Atlantic Aviators Aviation Scholarship (Value $1000)
- Scholarships for the Edward Bangs Kelley Foundation and Elza Kelley Foundation ($100 to $3,000.)
- Massachusetts Public Service Grant Program (2,500).
An IELTS score of 7.0 or an equivalent English proficiency test must be attained. If IELTS is unavailable, MIT will accept the following tests:
The acceptance rate for the Massachusetts University Scholarship is 26.1%. International students pay $75 for their application fee to the University of Massachusetts. November 2022 is the deadline to apply for the University of Massachusetts scholarship.
4. University of Michigan Scholarships
Michigan Scholarship grants range from $10,000 per annum for students in the state to $20,000 per annum for students out of the state. Most awards are given to in-state residents. They can be renewed after four years of undergraduate study.
- 10,000 Degrees Undergraduate Scholarships (Value $500- $5,000)
- University of Michigan Merit Scholarships for Undergrad, Postgrad and Freshmen
- ACS Scholars Program ($2,500 – $5,000)
- AHLEF Graduate Scholarship ($5,000)
An IELTS score of 7.0 or an equivalent in another English proficiency test must be attained. Michigan also accepts TOEFL, DET and PTE certificates as an alternative to IELTS.
Michigan University Scholarship accepts 26%. International students pay $65 to apply for the University of Michigan Scholarship. The deadline to apply for the University of Michigan scholarship award is November 1, 2022.
5. University of Phoenix Scholarships
Eleven full-tuition scholarships are available to university students who meet the criteria. Each scholarship will enable a prospective student to pursue their degree from Phoenix University.
University of Phoenix Scholarships
- Phoenix Bachelor’s Scholarship (Worth Up to $1,000)
- Phoenix University offers Freshmen Scholarships
- EANGUS Future Phoenix Scholarship (500)
- Forever A Phoenix Bachelor’s Scholarship ($2,000).
Candidates must pass the IELTS exam to be eligible for the scholarship. They should score at least 6.5. Phoenix University accepts TOEFL in place of IELTS.
The acceptance rate for Phoenix University is 26%. International students pay $80 to apply for University of Phoenix. April 2023 is the deadline to apply for a University of Phoenix scholarship.
6# University of Cambridge Scholarships
Cambridge University offers the highest quality business courses. They also award scholarships and other rewards to students who are deserving. Cambridge University offers Gates Cambridge scholarships, as well as campus-sponsored and third-party scholarships.
An IELTS score of 7.0 or an equivalent English proficiency test is required. Alternatives to IELTS Cambridge include TOEFL Cambridge English, DET and PTE.
The acceptance rate for the Cambridge University Scholarship is 21%. International students pay $75 for their application to the University of Cambridge. Deadline for University of Cambridge scholarships is October 15, 2022.
7. Columbia University Scholarships
Columbia University is known for its research excellence and academic excellence. Columbia University offers over $150 million annually in fellowships and scholarships from diverse sources.
List of University of Columbia Scholarships
- Clifford and Siegfried Upton Scholarship (Worth $1000)
- Vladimir and Olga Poder Fond (Worth $2,000
- Paul Nicholas Scholarship Fund (500 USD)
Columbia University Scholarships has an acceptance rate 14%. Columbia University requires a minimum score of 7.5. Columbia accepts only the IELTS, TOEFL, iBT and DET entrance exams for undergraduate admission.
International students pay $85 to apply for University of Columbia scholarships. Deadline for University of Columbia scholarships is October 4, 2022.
8. Open University Scholarships
Open University scholarships pay for the tuition costs of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs with state-sponsored financial aid grants. Voici quelques-unes of the most popular Open University scholarships:
- Open University Freshmen Scholarships
- National Merit Semifinalist Scholarship $16,000 ($4,000 per year)
- $12,000 for Distinguished Scholar ($3,000 x 4-years)
- Award of Excellence $16,000 ($4,000 x 4-years)
Open University also accepts these IELTS alternatives tests.
- English as a Foreign Language Test (TOEFL).
- Duolingo English Test (DET)
- Cambridge Advanced English Test (CAE).
- Pearson English Language Tests (PTE).
Acceptance rates for the Open University scholarship are 30%. International students must pay $75 to apply for the Open University scholarship. Deadline for applying for the Open University scholarship: December 2022.
9. Anna University Scholarships
Anna University has partnered up with European universities to provide scholarships for Indian students studying at European universities.
Anna University offers the most sought-after scholarships
- IAL Research Grants for Doctoral Studies (Value: $100,000)
- Anna University Freshmen and Degree Scholarships are merit-based.
- HKADC Overseas Arts Administration scholarships ($450,000).
- Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship Program ($1,000 – $10,000)
Anna University accepts English language qualifications such as PTEA, DET and TOEFL.
Anna University Scholarships has a 29% acceptance rate. International students pay $55 to apply for University of Anna scholarships. Deadline for University of Anna scholarships is December 2022.
10. University of Calicut Scholarships
Deserving students are eligible for merit-based financial assistance from the University of Calicut. A scholarship may be available to a student who meets the requirements of the university.
The university accepts TOEFL scores, PTE, CAEL and MELAB as alternatives to IELTS.
Calicut University Scholarship accepts 25%. International students pay $150 to apply for University of Calicut scholarships. Deadline for University of Calicut scholarships is December 2022.
11. University of California Los Angeles Scholarships
UCLA offers up to 100 Regents scholarships per year for entering and transfer students. There are also approximately 500 Regents Scholars enrolled at the university currently.
- Regents Merit Based Scholarship (Worth upto $5,000 – $20,000
- University of California Merit and Freshmen Scholarships
- Ellen and Roger Revelle Scholarship (Up To $10,000 – $2,500).
- James Avery Scholarship ($4,000).
California University accepts the TOEFL, PTE and Duolingo English tests as alternatives to IELTS.
California University Scholarship accepts 27%. International students pay $70 to apply for University of California scholarships. Deadline for University of California scholarships is November 30, 2022.
12. New York University Scholarships
New York University’s 24 colleges and universities offer more than 1,000 scholarships, honors and unique program opportunities. The average scholarship award for first-year students is currently $30,000.
New York University Scholarships and Grants
- New York University Scholarships
- State Scholarship and Grant Programs
- Scholarships and Grants from Other Organizations
- Federal Grant Programs
The New York University accepts PTE/Duolingo/Cambridge English Scale Test as IELTS alternatives.
New York University Scholarships has a 40% acceptance rate. International students pay $90 to apply for University of New York scholarships. February 2023 is the deadline to apply for a University of New York scholarship.